Healthcare manufacturer to share secrets of export success at free FTA seminar in Penrith
Assistant Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, Mark Coulton, will visit Penrith in Western Sydney on Tuesday (19 March) to host a free seminar on how local businesses can benefit from Australia’s Free Trade Agreements.
The breakfast seminar, which begins at 7.30am at Penrith Panthers Leagues Club on Tuesday 19 March 2019, is part of a series that has travelled to all corners of the nation to help businesses take advantage of Free Trade Agreements.
At the seminar, Daniel Xu, Group Chief Operating Officer at GMP Pharmaceutical, will discuss how his company is benefitting from growth in its exports to Asian markets. GMP Pharmaceutical is a leading privately-owned manufacturer of complementary healthcare and dairy products and employs more than 800 people in Australia and New Zealand.
“Australia has gained an international reputation for the high quality and safety standards of its health care and functional foods, and our exporters benefit from tariff-free or preferential access to powerhouse economies in the Asia Pacific region, thanks to free trade agreements negotiated by the Australian Government,” said Assistant Minister Coulton.
In addition to FTAs with the fast-growing markets of China, Japan and Korea, the Government has recently concluded agreements with 11 Pacific Rim nations (TPP-11), Indonesia (IA-CEPA) and Peru (PAFTA).
Speakers at the seminar include:
- The Hon Mark Coulton MP, Assistant Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment
- Lachlan Crews, Assistant Secretary, Regional Trade Agreements Division, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Anna Lin, Trade Commissioner, Austrade Guangzhou, China
- Tom Kobayashi, Business Development Manager, Austrade Sapporo, Japan
- Elena Kirillova, State Director NSW/ACT, Austrade
- Charith Amarasinghe, Associate Director, Business Development NSW & ACT, Efic
- Stephan Wagner, Assistant State Manager Western Sydney, AusIndustry
- Martin Moseley, Australian Trusted Trader program, Department of Home Affairs
- Sunny Kwon, Adviser, TradeStart
The FTA Seminar will be followed by a Trusted Trader Information session.
To register, go to: https://au.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=100186763&
- Minister Coulton’s office: Steph Nicholls +61 417 314 920
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555